1974 in radio
- January 6 - CBS Radio Mystery Theater (1974–1982) debuts and is broadcast on 218 stations.
- February 19 - BRMB (now 96.4 BRMB) begins broadcasting to the Birmingham area
- April 2 - Piccadilly Radio(now Key 103 on FM and Piccadilly Magic 1152 (was Piccadilly Gold and Piccadilly 1152 on MW) begins broadcasting to the Manchester area
- April 3 - As tornadoes ravage much of the United States and Canada in what becomes known as the Super Outbreak, WHAS-AM Louisville, Kentucky air-traffic reporter Dick Gilbert takes to the skies to track a twister as it rakes across the Louisville metro area. He, and the station, receive a Presidential commendation for their storm coverage.
- July 15 - Metro Radio begins broadcasting to the Newcastle upon Tyne area
- September 30 - Swansea Sound (now The Wave on FM), the first Independent Local Radio station in Wales, begins broadcasting to the Swansea area
- October 1 - Radio Hallam (now Hallam FM) begins broadcasting to the Sheffield area
- October 21 - Radio City (later City FM, now Radio City 96.7) begins broadcasting to the Liverpool area
- February 22 - Chris Moyles Radio one presenter
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.